Communication Campaign “Reinvent Respect” on Promotion of Tolerance and Mutual Understanding in the Society
The International Center for Policy Studies (ICPS) together with the United Nations Development Program in Ukraine initiates a communication campaign “Reinvent Respect” on promotion of tolerance and mutual understanding in the society.
The aim of the project is to reduce the polarization and strengthen dialogue among various social groups.
Within the framework of the project it is planned to establish the UNDP Tolerance Envoys concept in Ukraine to promote the values of tolerance and mutual understanding. Multi-level communication in the society regarding this issue should belong to moral leaders, opinion-makers and those Ukrainians, who have gained recognition in various fields.
The project activities cover the conduction of a series of events: public lectures for socially active groups in different regions of Ukraine on promotion and establishment of principles of mutual respect, practices of tolerance and acceptance of different opinions in the Ukrainian society.
The following known Ukrainians have joined the initiative:
- Liubko Deresh – writer;
- Natalia Sumska – acrtress;
- Katya Chilly – singer;
- Andriy Kulykov – journalist, media expert;
- Larysa Denysenko – human rights defender, writer;
- Alevtina Kakhidze – artist, performer;
- Mykhailo Minakov – philosopher;
- Yevgen Zakharov – human rights activist;
- Gulnara Abdulayeva – historian, TV presenter;
- Slava Varda – master of sports, TV presenter;
- Mariana Savka – writer;
- Pavlo Vyshebaba – musician, co-founder of the eco- and environment protection organization “One Planet”